Have you read The Power of KM?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

brentnhunter
Admin

59, male

Pro

Have you read The Power of KM?

from brentnhunter on 11/24/2016 04:24 AM

Have you read The Power of KM: Harnessing the Extraordinary Value of Knowledge Management?  If so, what did you enjoy the most?  The least?  Are you using or do you plan to use anything you learned in the book?

Are you excited at the prospect of creating a globally-connected network of KM Communities to help address the most pressing issues of our time?

Reply Edited on 11/26/2016 08:26 PM.

ixaviers

43, male

Re: Have you read The Power of KM?

from ixaviers on 12/22/2016 05:06 PM

Yeah, I just read the kindle version of this book. It is a easy to read book and also it says things that makes senses, also it describe things that are not hard to understand or practice so I would like to practice the things that I learned in a new project that I just join and I will be good to practice those things in the whole company. 

However due that I am knew in all of this of KM I am going to start using the tool that are describe here in order to show those kind of this to the project coworkers.  

brentnhunter
Admin

59, male

Pro

from brentnhunter on 12/24/2016 05:43 PM

Hello ixaviers, so glad you read the book and came to this site.

Do you have any questions that I can answer for you?  How may I be of assistance during your KM journey? 

Frank

55, male

from Frank on 12/25/2016 02:30 AM

I have read The Power of KM and also Brent's previous book The Rainbow Bridge.

I am a financial services professional working for a large organization that is going through many transformations, some of which are leaving individuals feeling stranded and perplexed because the company had not, prior to the changes, invested in creating the type of culture or structures for managing information that would allow its members to understand what is happening around them and what their role is in shaping it.

In the meantime, I am exploring the possibility of launching my own venture, Fi-Club, a personal finance self-help community that applies concepts and theories from psychology and behavioral economics. The science of habit formation tells us that small daily changes are achievable through managing motivation, understanding the limits of abilities and setting the right triggers for action. Finance teaches us that compounding small sums over time can lead to large results.

Knowledge Management will be at the core of what I intend to build, as will community and a framework for harnessing user-generated content to share wisdom that positively impacts lives.

brentnhunter
Admin

59, male

Pro

from brentnhunter on 01/07/2017 11:24 PM

Hi Frank,

This all sounds fabulous.  Please let me know if you have any questions and if I can be of service.

Cheers!

Brent 

akatuocheche

55, male

from akatuocheche on 07/03/2018 08:05 PM

Not yet and what is it all about? Am going  to order for one to read in near future.

« Back to forum